Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blue Pinguiin

I woke in the night to a noise from the kitchen.
I went down the stairs on a fact-finding mission.

Whatever was there, I did not have a clue.
It was eating a meal (I knew from its chew).

The fridge door was open with food on the ground,
And a tiny blue penguin was looking around.

He looked through the food, and he tossed it aside.
He opened a can and dumped out the inside.

Something about this, just didn’t seem right,
But it wasn’t the oddest thing I saw that night.

Excuse me!” I said, but he seemed not to care.
I shut the fridge door, and he shot me a glare.

“Jelly” he said as he held up some bread
With smooth peanut butter, he must have just spread.

“Jelly?” I answered, “I think we ran out.”
The little blue penguin put on a blue pout.

“Jelly…” he said as he waddled away.
Without any jelly, why would he stay?

I followed him out through the squeaky backdoor.
An igloo was there, that was not there before.

He slid on his belly, inside out of sight,
But it wasn’t the oddest thing I saw that night.

I heard a loud ruckus and ran back to see
A giant giraffe flipping though my tv.

He munched on some chips and kept changing the channel.
The bathrobe he sported was made of red flannel.

“Excuse me!” I yelled, but he turned up the sound,
While most of the chips ended up on the ground.

He tossed up a few, and he took a big bite,
But it wasn’t the oddest thing I saw that night.

I heard water splashing the bathroom upstairs
And found a large octopus bathing in there.

She had my green shower cap on, just my luck.
I was sure she was using my new rubber duck.

said “Finish up!”, and she told me “All right,”
But it wasn’t the oddest thing I saw that night.

Back from my bedroom came a crash and a thud.
Two lemurs were throwing around balls of mud.

My room was a mess, and they both were to blame.
I swear, it was clean till those two lemurs came.

There was mud on the dresser, the desk, and the light,
But it wasn’t the oddest thing I saw that night.

Outside I looked up, and I know it’s bizarre,
But guess what flew by me? A bright shooting star!

I wished for the penguin to get all his jelly.
I wished the giraffe would stop using my telly.

I wished that the octopus there in my tub
Would exit the bathroom and give it a scrub.

I wished that my room would still somehow be clean.
I wished that the nonsense would all be a dream.

The lemurs both left, the giraffe had enough.
The octopus gave me back all of my stuff.

The blue penguin waddled right up to my feet.
He carried a sandwich, most ready to eat.

Then he flew off when he flapped both his wings,
And that, of it all, was the oddest of things…

By : Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment